Providing specialised expertise, SPECTRA ENGINEERING work in collaboration with a number of professional partners including property managers/investors, building owners, contractors and architects. Working on mechanical and structural projects SPECTRA ENGINEERING solve the seismic, noise and vibration requirements by offering assessment, design and insulation services. The launch and continuance of SPECTRA ENGINEERING in the UK is led by the founder of the Company and the principal consultant.
Operating under the IL GmbH licence which since 1993 has been situated in Germany, SPECTRA ENGINEERING SERVICES LTD. offer manufacturing and design services.
At SPECTRA ENGINEERING, we offer the supply of materials and a full-service design relating to noise, acoustical and vibration engineering.
• Consultancy and design - architectural acoustics
• Testing and analysis of acoustics
• Complete electroacoustic design
• Vibration and noise control
• Manufacturers - seismic approval for equipment
• Consultancy and design - seismic and wind restraint (non-structural).
• Factories and Industrial facilities: operator cabins and machinery
• Supermarket and Retail: Cabins to house HVAC units
• Roads and Transport: Noise absorption walls and highroad noise barriers
• Residential and Commercial Buildings: Acoustic door/shutter/chimney and silencer panel systems
• Technical Rooms (non-specific): Cabins to house power co-generators and generators plus sound insulation walls
MACHINERY AND OPERATOR CABINS
Industrial facilities case the most problems with noise and are subject to regulation in this area. This spans both national and international health and safety legislation and standards.
SPECTRA ENGINEERING manufacture a variety of structures including Test and Control Rooms, Operator Cabins and Machinery Cabins which ensure noise levels are kept within permitted limits.
NOISE INSULATION CABINS (HVAC)
Depending on where the machinery is located, the noise from heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment can vary. Everything from chillers, cooling towers and fans to air handlers and VRF systems can be designed in residential buildings, commercial areas, malls, hotels, data centres and hospitals to take the noise source into account.
All the work is specifically tailored to its surroundings, ensuring compliance with air flow regulations.
POWER GENERATORS CABINS
For cogen, trigen and power generators, the noise levels are commonly the biggest problem. High noise output combined with low noise regulations means that the final design requires the input of experienced engineers.
The sound from vehicle traffic can be a big problem in residential areas, with noise pollution from trains, cars, motorways and airports. Noise barriers can provide a great solution and can also be effective for industrial areas.
ACOUSTIC CHIMNEY, SHUTTERS, DOORS, SILENCER CABINS
The main noise bypass gaps are typically created by air intake and outlets. To ensure compliance with UK noise regulations, isolation and insulation are vital.
Each design is customised to take the noise source and air flow legislation into account.
Data and Telecommunication
Oil & Gas
85 Southfield Road, Chiswick, W4 1BB London UK
+44 756 139 7232